Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow! I can't believe it is 2009 already. What an eventful 2008 we had. We had so many changes happen in our lives. I just really hope that this year is a good one. I do think it will be another one that will be unpredictable, just like the last.

As I get older, the less I care about going out an doing something exciting on New Year's Eve, and this year was no exception. Our kids have been asking us to take them to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner on NYE. We went 2 yrs. ago and now they think it is a tradition. We went with the Rasmussen's and my parents and had a really fun time with yummy food. Afterward, we went home to hang out. My niece, Maddie, came over to spend the night. We played Guitar Hero then rang in the new year with bubbly, or as Rheese calls it, "sparkly". We also did poppers, the kind that you pull the string and they make a mess. Oh, what fun!


Tiffany and Aurora went back home to Minn. today. It was a good trip and we really enjoyed getting to know Aurora. Lane was so sad tonight when he was talking about her. He didn't like the idea of not getting to see her again for a long time. He will miss her, as will her other uncles and Grandma and Grandpa. Aurora seemed a little sad to be leaving us too. When George and I were leaving them at the security gate at the airport, she got a pucker lip when she realized that we were not going with them. Hopefully it won't be 2 yrs. before we see her again.

No comments: