Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yummy Veggies From Our Garden

George has been working so hard on our garden. It is his baby. I think of the story "The Little Red Hen" quite a bit because he planted, watered, fertilized, etc. but I am preparing them to eat so I guess that should count for something : ). He built a green house and started seeds back in November. We have HUGE tomato plants that have started producing ripe tomatoes. They are all heirloom tomatoes. These yellow ones are called 'Lemony'.
This was food I picked for our dinner tonight- green onions, cilantro, tomatoes and radishes. We had yummy taco salad. How good it feels to prepare food from the garden and it's nice to be able to pick just what we need. George has done a great job! Thanks honey!!!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow! You did an awesome job this year!!!