Sunday, May 24, 2009

Broadway Bash

Last Wed. was Seth's Broadway Bash. The Drama Club at Payne Jr. High put it on. It was a collection of songs that they sang and did routines to. Many of the songs and routines were from the many plays that Mr. C did at Power Ranch and we had family in all of them. Trevor started the tradition, then Trent and Maegan. Chad followed and then Seth. The 2 songs that were from the plays Chad was in were "76 Trombones" from The Music Man and "Ugh-A-Wug" from Peter Pan. He said that the dances they did were the same as Payne's and he could even remember his "green dot" that he stopped at in "76 Trombones". Some of the other songs were "Consider Yourself" and "Food, Glorious Food" from Oliver, "Popular" from Wizard of Oz (I know it's from Wicked but they included it in Wizard of Oz), and then a few from Grease.

This was Mr. C's last production. He will be going to Florida for a Doctorate program. I am sad that Seth won't get this opportunity next year, but I am really excited for the school to get a new band director. I am excited for Seth to see what other directors do and to hopefully become a better percussionist and maybe be required to practice.

I am so grateful for all that Chad and Seth were able to do and learn through the plays. They have done things that many kids will never do. They have learned to perform in front of an audience. I am glad that they have been introduced to Broadway music and plays that they may otherwise never have known. Even Rheese and Lane have formed a love of the music. I'm sure it wouldn't have been the same if it was just "Mom" trying to get them to listen to it. Now, if I can just keep introducing the music before they don't care anymore.

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a fabulous experience for them. Well done boys!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I hope at least one of my kids gets into the whole performing bit. I love that stuff. And I LOVE Broadway musicals! What a neat opportunity for your boys.

Monica said...

I know I am annoying, but I need your email address again!
mcoates91@yahoo.com