Friday, April 10, 2009

Disney on Ice

Today, Rheese and I got to go to Disney on Ice, Disneyland Adventure, with Maddie and Aunt Sherene. Rheese and Maddie won tickets to it from the Basha Library. They had to read 5 books between March 1st and April 2nd, then got entered into a drawing. My other kids didn't want to do it, but Rheese did. Lane flat out told me he wasn't doing it. Chad wanted to do it, but he wanted to read 5 Dr. Seuss books. I don't think so for a 9th grader. I told him he was more than welcome to read 5 books that were on his level, or even close to his level, but no. Seth wasn't there when we found out about it, but we talked about it and the entry forms were around the house, he just didn't care. I never thought that Rheese would win, let alone him and Maddie, but they did. We couldn't buy tickets to take all of them, and I didn't really want to, even though it was hard to leave them at home. I wanted Rheese to have the reward of working hard, so it was just us. We had a great time. Rheese took his money and bought himself a snow cone in a Dash cup. He was so excited! It was a little sad for me because they had all kinds of swords and "light things" and he didn't want one. He said, "I've had those." It made me feel like my little boy is getting too big and is growing up. Afterwards, we went and got some lunch from Schlotzky's. It was yummy! You should have heard Rheese trying to read the name of it. I kept telling him the name but he couldn't say it. Trying to read it only made it more complicated. We had such a fun day. Maybe if they do it next year the other kids will try too. It would be great to go with all the family. But for now, we have a great memory of our own.

Rheese and Maddie with their snow cones.

Aunt Sherene and Maddie

2 comments:

The Sedillo Family said...

What fun! Way to go Maddie and Rheese!

Monica said...

Hey you. I LOVE this background. Will you please email me your email. My blog will be private tomorrow and I want to invite you!

monica
mcoates91@yahoo.com