Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cassy's Wedding in Las Vegas

On Fri, April 3rd, 2009, Cassy and Billy were married in Las Vegas. We headed up there early Friday morning so that we could get there in time for George and I to go to the temple. The boys hung out with them for a couple of hours while we went to do sealings. We found the Las Vegas temple to be beautiful! I couldn't believe how big it was inside either. When we were done, we picked up the boys and got ready for their wedding. Cassy and Billy were married at a little chapel. It was quick and afterwards we all went to Olive Garden for dinner. We had a nice time together.

When we were done with dinner, it was time for the happy couple to go their own way and we decided to do a little sightseeing. The boys had been dying to go to the M&M Store. They saw it when they were with Cassy and thought it would be fun to go to. We first went through the MGM Grand to see the lion. It was really cool to be able to walk underneath it and see how huge it really was. He wasn't very exciting though because he was sleeping. His handler was trying to get him to wake up, and he did for about 30 sec., and that was it. He sure was a magnificent sight though.

The M&M Store was pretty cool. It was 4 stories! I never thought you could have so much M&M stuff. Seth got a shirt and a mug. They really wanted to buy some M&Ms to eat, but they were $12 a pound. No way! Not when they could buy that huge bag at Sam's Club for half that. I know I sound so old, and I can hear my dad saying the same thing to me when I was a kid, but I just couldn't do it. They were just M&Ms. Nothing more, nothing less. They did get pressed pennies though. Not quite the same thing, but they like collecting them.

Rheese has this facsination with the Statue of Liberty. He knows so many facts about her. Way more than I do. He was really excited to see her on the New York, New York Hotel. I took one picture of him in front of it and he said, "Wait, you need to take one like this." He then stood just like her. It was so cute! We talked about the different buildings that were represented on the hotel and he wanted to know if the Twin Towers were there. I had no idea because I really don't know what they looked like. Infact, I was completely unaware of their existence before 9-11. All I know is that they were high rises, but from what I remember, they didn't have any distinguishing characteristics like the Empire State Building does. When we were leaving the next day I asked the boys if they had a good time. Rheese replied kind of sad, "Yes, but I'm disappointed that I never found out if the Twin Towers were represented." He says such amazing things!

One other fascination Rheese has is with Elvis. I think it comes from watching reruns of Full House where Jesse talks about him all the time. Rheese likes to point and say, "Thank you. Thank you very much" in his best Elvis impersonation. So he got a kick out of all the signs for the Elvis impersonators. Then, after we came out of the M&M Store, "Elvis" was outside. Rheese went up to him and said his "Thank you" thing with the pointing and "Elvis" thought that was cool. What a funny kid! I just love him to death.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip. Vegas can be quite fun and most of it's free, just looking at all the amazing stuff. ***I was wondering when Cassy was getting married, tell her congrats for us, I hope they're happy. *** Up until a few weeks ago when we went to the San Diego temple, the Las Vegas Celestial room was my very most favorite, now they tie.

Monica said...

Love that Rheese!

Stephanie said...

How fun! We brought our kids to Vegas with us a few years ago and it's a totally different experience with them there. You want to cover their eyes a lot of the time :) My kids loved the M&M factory too! But I'm with you - I would have told them to wait on the M&Ms until we found the nearest Circle K. Glad you had fun.

michelle rasor said...

Cassy looked beautiful! Tell her congrats and give her our love!!