One of the things that we looked forward to was having him push in his nose. We heard about it when we were in 8th grade and wanted to see it. I guess he had his nose broken quite a few time and now he can push it in. It was really weird. Funny the things we remember.
For our final exam, I remember him bringing in a stack of tests and then putting them down and telling us that we wouldn't be taking a final. We would pass the class when we sent him an invitation to a mission farewell or to a temple marriage. I sent him a wedding invitation and he came to the reception. I was so happily surprised to see him there. I am also really glad that someone actually got a picture of him. There aren't many pictures of our guests so I am lucky that he was in a couple of them. What makes it even more fun for Trevor is that our reception was at his house. I just wish he had known that when he was listening to him speak.
Here is a picture of Elder Mask today.

This is a picture of me in 9th grade with Bro. Mask sitting behind me signing my yearbook.





7 comments:
i ran into Br Mask maybe 8 years ago at a Kinko's in Mesa. He looked at me and said "Erin Fast, its so good to see you". I CANNOT believe he remembered me. I can't even imagine all the students he has had over the years. Truly an incredible man!
Wow! It is so hard to imagine that he could remember your name after all these years and all those students. But when I think of the kind of man he is I guess it isn't so hard to believe. That is great!
When I first started reading your post the first thought that came to mind was his nose. My sister works for his son Clate Jr. so I get updated on Bro. Mask every so often. He is a wonderful person!
I LOVE Brother Mask! Tell Trevor what a gift it was to hear him speak. Hey, we had a Cub Scout meeting tonight and discussed how someone esle might have a chance to win the Pinewood Derby this year! We'll take you all back any day though. Lastly, did George really wear a white tux.???
Yes, he did wear a white tux. I picked it out. It was 1992.
I keep wondering how the Pinewood Derby will go this year. It's a whole new world down here. Who knows how competitive they are. We'll find out on March 4th.
Our ward has become much more competative. I have been a little surprised. People are buying secret books online etc. It is all fun though. Your Derby will be fantastic I am sure!
Dig on your clothes--gotta love the fashion back then, that sadly is coming back!
Post a Comment