Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break in California

What a fun Spring Break we had! We decided when we did the "Give A Day, Get A Disney Day" that we would spend Spring Break in California with the Rasmussens. The place we were staying was in San Marcos, which is down by San Diego. We love San Diego! We started out our trip by having some of the best Mexican food we've ever had at a restaurant in Old Town called Casa Guadalajara. Mmmm! Their chips and salsa were so yummy. Just the right amount of spice. We all ate too many and were stuffed by the time our food came. I wish I'd have had my camera to capture the expression on Rheese's face when they brought his. He had ordered taquitos off the children's menu but his plate looked just like an adults. His eyes got huge and he had such a confused look on his face. The taquitos were really filled and big and he said, "I thought they'd be little." We all felt the same way and took our dinners home for a delicious lunch the next day.

We had so much fun going to the beach on Mon. The weather was gorgeous! The water was freezing but the kids all had fun in it. I enjoyed watching. I got sunburned and now have a nice farmer tan.

Seth, Lane, Brandon and Maddie
On Tues., we went to Disneyland. We had such a long drive so we had to get up at 5am to get there in time. We had such a great day at Disneyland. It was crowded but not horrible. We did almost everything we wanted to. Luckily we know how to work the Fast Pass system. It was fun to see Captain EO again. That was the most crowded I've seen that attraction in years. Rheese was finally able to go on California Screamin' and loved it. Lane wouldn't go on it, which wasn't a surprise. Maybe next time. It was also really strange to have Rheese get an 'Adult' pass. He's too little for an adult pass! The only negative to the whole day was the heat. I looked on weather.com after we got home and it was 86 degrees in Anaheim that day. It was miserable. And we were silly enough to be in California Adventure during the hottest part. Most of their rides aren't inside and they don't have good shade. Then when it cooled off we went back to Disneyland and rode Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Cpt. EO. Smart, huh?

We all thought it would be hard to only go for one day, but I think we appreciated it more. There were some things we all wished we would have had more time for, but it was fine. Next time we go we'll make sure it isn't going to be hot.
Starting in 2nd row:
Chad, Brandon
George, Rheese
Seth, MaddieOn Wed. we had the once in a lifetime opportunity to go indoor skydiving at Universal Studios. Actually, I should say George, the kids and the cousins did. Me, my sister, Sherene and her husband watched. They had so much fun! I couldn't believe that Lane even did it. The special occasion was Trent's 19th birthday. Thanks for having a birthday Trent!

George ChadSethRheeseLane

No comments: